Saturday, April 24, 2010

The power of a human determination

This entry dovetails into my other train of thought which I will put up on the other side of my ego posts, over there >>> http://wherethevoicesinmyheadreside.blogspot.com/

But first, an appropriately large amount of admiration and respect is due to this amazing young woman.  Her blog is located here >>  http://soloround.blogspot.com/

This is the ongoing story of Abby Sunderland and her attempt to sail around the world solo and non-stop.

Being a thirty-something father of three with a wife, a career, pets, bills mortgages and all the other crap that goes with being responsible, such a dream is destined to remain that for the foreseeable future, but to listen to another's experiences, to live vicariously through the adventures of another, that's about all one gets.

Regardless, this is not about my or my woes, this post was to highlight the accomplishments of this young woman.
However I am having trouble simply getting the sheer overwhelming admiration and respect (and yes a little envy) that I am currently feeling towards a woman (who is only 16) and verily towards her entire family and support structure.

That they could support and facilitate such an adventure, that they could do such a good job on raising and preparing Abby for this kind of undertaking, and that she can do so without the usual complaints and issues that most grade 10-11 girls will harp on endlessly.

So, a heartfelt prayer is offered up for her success, her safety, her wellbeing, and eventually her benefits from such a trip as she is on.

A genuine thanks goes out to the parents and supports of such a profoundly inspiring individual as Abby (and of course Zac's earlier story was just as moving, go find it here http://www.zacsunderland.com/)

I dang, I don't really do the gushing thing well, but I was moved  by today's post on Abby's blog, almost as much as I was when I stumbled on Zac's blog last year, so I felt I had to say something.

I'll go be quiet now.

Andre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post it, please verify that it's what you really want to say. Unconsidered thoughtless snips are a waste of everybody's time. thanks. ANonymous