Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Progress Report - Roof

Umm..  where to start?  Usually the answer to that is "at teh bottom" or "at the beginning".

Both of these answers are WRONG in this situation.  I grumbled about fixing the roof a few posts ago,..  and then last post.

So, a quick update.  I had everything apart then it rained, remember that part?  and I started getting things back together a couple of days later.

Well, now the whole roof is in place, the timber framing is on (meaning the 2x6 boards are back up as rafters) and 3/4 of the sheetings is in place, now all I have left to do is recover from yesterday, pull the nails out of all the strapping, then paper and put the steel back down...

It never ends...  but I'm getting further down the path to completion.  I can see the roof being done, soon.  I do wish that my wife would understand that this is big to me.. but some things are bound to never change.  I'll be compensating for that detail until the boys leave home, then she's on her own when I need to do these things.

Until later.  I'll try to pop in tomorrow, maybe with some pics, to show how far I got tonight.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post it, please verify that it's what you really want to say. Unconsidered thoughtless snips are a waste of everybody's time. thanks. ANonymous