Friday, February 19, 2010

Lent, Catholic and Caffeine

Hi all, it's Friday, and I've been trying to figure out what I should be giving up for Lent, seeing as how I am Catholic after all.

If you have read the flip side of this blog, at http://marriagechildrenandwarningmanuals.blogspot.com/
then you know that I have children, a wife with some small problems at this point in life and of course the usual grind of work, family, renos, extended family, etc, etc.....  and not nearly enough sleep.  So Caffeine (specifically really really strong coffee, and when that doesn't work, energy drinks) plays a big part in my life, or it has until this Wednesday.  See, I'm abstaining from caffeine for the period of Advent, February 17th through Easter Monday.

This will be interesting, I'll drop the thoughts related to this one as I go along, 40 days without caffeine, this could be tricky.

Anyhow, if I can manage the abstinence until I'm 40, then MardiGras (FatTuesday) is something I'd really like to get to with my Angel.  Even the history and churches in the area would be worth visiting

back to work here, i'm supposed to be generating billable hours.

Andre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post it, please verify that it's what you really want to say. Unconsidered thoughtless snips are a waste of everybody's time. thanks. ANonymous