Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday, Headaches, and Losses

Ok Lord,
where do I start.

I'm still caffeine free, and it's getting close to a full week now.  Goodness knows I've been tempted, and the utter lack of support from anybody else in my family doesn't help, but I guess that's how life goes.
The withdrawal headaches are lessening, but still going strong, I had forgotten or maybe never knew what the caffeine withdrawal headaches were like.  I've quite caffeine on occasion before, but never for more than a few days, and so far I' at about day 8 or thereabouts. The past few days have caused me to need painkillers to reduce the throbbing and agony.

To top the issues raised by quitting coffee and all other caffeine drinks, today is Monday, my wife's first Monday on her "New" shift again, so we had to get the boys up today and have them out the door for about 7:15 or 7:30am and then she had to work a full day before heading home to handle things tonight.
I'm going to hear about how difficult it is for her all the way home.  I really am getting tired of hearing how hard her life is (the one I share with her, and do as much or more than she does).  Especially since I can't point out that I let her sleep for as much of the night as possible, and that I do as much of the housework as she does, it's really kinda frustrating, but what does a guy in this generation do?  I guess we just suck it up, nobody is listening to me whine anyhow.

Oh, and to top it off, my grandmother died at 2am yesterday morning (Sunday February the 21st, 2010)  So I had to get mom to the airport by dinner-time, so that she could make the flight back to Ontario for the arrangements and funeral and such.  What this means to me is that the Grandparent's I haven't seen in over 20 years now, I never will.  I don't think my Grandfather is going to make another 5 years which is how long it'll take me to get clear of the money issues we're facing so that we could afford the trip.

Ah well, enough meandering around in circles, I've gotta get back to work.

I'll be back to talk about environmentally safe boats and such at a later point.

Andre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post it, please verify that it's what you really want to say. Unconsidered thoughtless snips are a waste of everybody's time. thanks. ANonymous