Monday, March 1, 2010

Oh my lord, guide me and inspire me.

I'm sitting here, wondering just how I am supposed to make this work, seeing as I have no idea where to start, what happens, or anything even remotely like that.

First, what am I talking about, right?  Somewhere I put down in electronic ink that I was supposed to be the new council representative for education and youth in our church.  I am way out of my depth, and not sure where to start on this.  I have two little kids, and I can try to teach them, but that's as far as I ever got.  I'll need to find some colouring pictures for them to take to church so that they can colour and we can talk about things,
I guess that the first thing to do is to brace one or more of the people from church and see if they're interested in even helping out with something like that.

From what I understand, the children's ministry occurs alongside the general mass, with the children being taken out and "ministered to" while the liturgy is being said inside, with the kids coming back in just before the holy communion, or something like that.  I need to call up Roman's mother, maybe talk to John, he seems to have a handle on things like this, and the Ouilettes, possibly along with the Peltier's, (I also have no idea how to spell any of these names, which is frustrating.

There's a meeting on Wednesday, and I'm going to have to confess at that point that I have been sick and looking after very sick children for the last couple of weeks. So to take it in stride, I'm going to need names and numbers of those people that might be able to help me out with this.  I can't teach, but I suppose that I could set up lessons in rough that an actual teacher might be able to do.  Also, I need to find people willing to teach.  Donna might, but she's more focused on the adult side of things, Marie would be good, possibly along with Jennifer, but they're gone right now.  The Ouilette girls woudl probably be great at it, but again, there's the whole how do I go about this and bring it up.

And next, after I get that started, I want to run a refresher course in basic catechisms, for guys like me that have fallen behind in their studies on this.  I think the KofC website has some good things there, I'll have to go see.

Having said all that, It's now quarter after 11, and I have to get to sleep, before the littlest one gets up for his initial nocturnal wander.  I think I'll leave the laptop here so that I can watch the first of the series of Monarch of the Glen tonight.  That'd be cool.

Until later, a muchly overwhelmed and insecure Andre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post it, please verify that it's what you really want to say. Unconsidered thoughtless snips are a waste of everybody's time. thanks. ANonymous