Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday January 27, 2010

Sorry about the title, I felt the need to post right now, not complain or whine about things, just post.  but I have no title in mind.

I'm tired, dear God I am tired, and it's almost one AM as I write this, I should really be getting off to bed, hell, if I'd gone to bed with my wife we might have had a chance to do something.  But as it is, they were up, she was tired, and it just didn't work out that way.  I think I'll put this blog link up where the kids and others can see it, maybe the oldest boy will actually start to talk to me if I do something as cool as blogging.

Why do I feel so distant from him.  I know I ride him on occasion, but that's my job.  It would be nice if he didn't  fight as much with me about it, but I guess I should get used to it.

I wonder how I can come up with 10k in the next three months?  Doubt it is even possible, but I wonder.

I might start by selling the Dodge for a couple grand, and the damned mustang for another 800 or so.  It'd be nice to have that kind of money in the bank, but.... well, you know how it is.

The reason that this comes up is that there has recently been a sailboat come on the market in the local area, for ten thousand dollars, it's not worth it, but that's what he's asking for it.  It's about the right size, and it would work around here, mostly anyhow.  but for that kind of money, I can head to the lower mainland and pick up something in much better shape, or simply much better to handle the waters around here than a lead mine sloop rigged cabin cruiser.

Jumping topics, because I have to let that one sit for a little bit.  It's now getting close to tax season here in Canada, and being in the accounting trade, I am feeling the pressure to get things dealt with before the madness hits.  But my question to the population at large is this,
Why do people (not you of course, but most people) try to get away with something only at the very end of the sequence.  if you know you're going to end up paying taxes on that nice little extra cash job you took, then why not plan accordingly and take the right steps to minimize that tax?  Once you end up at your accountant's office, we've already done every legal thing to bring your taxes down to the minimum possible payable amount,  so don't then go about blaming us for having not planned earlier (again, this is hypothetical, not aimed at you).

And finally, a little quip on the olympic flame that's coming through town tomorrow (for those of you enterprising people, you can figure out where I live from that, you just have to find a site that show's the torch's dates and towns)
So, this Olympic torch supposedly carries the flame that was kindled in Greece how many years ago?  And while I applaud the achievements of the atheletes that have made it that far, I have to ask why so much extra money is spent on making this huge venue for the Olympics, so much so that every four years a new location is driven into bankruptcy or massive debt merely for the purpose of hosting the Olympic games.
Keeping in mind that I do tend to focus on numbers more than some, but does this make any kind of sense?

I mean, granted there are countries that thrive on this kind of thing, but in Canada we are not supposed to have an authoritarian government, but in the course of approving and preparing for the Olympic Games, this same government has cut health care systems by 20% (approx), they've refurbished the Sea-to-Sky highway, (now they're going to put a toll on it to pay for the upgrades)  and they've simply gone way to heavy handed concerning the actual events and society as a whole while the games are taking place.  you can't even reference the games without paying the piper so to speak.

So, if in some way this constitites a violation of one of those obscure little laws, then I am sorry, and you can try to sue me, but I'm worth more dead than alive right now, so no luck.

Alright, I'm falling asleep sitting here typing, makes words hard to put down.  I'm off to bed, talk to you again soon.

Andre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post it, please verify that it's what you really want to say. Unconsidered thoughtless snips are a waste of everybody's time. thanks. ANonymous