Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Associations

I'm sorry, I know I just dumped a whole pile of crap on here, personal issues, well not really, more like an expose of emotional interactions.  Regardless.

I have to share this moment.  Have you ever just had a momentary flash of a memory that was so overwhelming that your current reality was subsumed and completely obscured by the triggered memory?

I just took a sip of a freshly poured cup of coffee, and in that moment, as the hot coffee washed over my tough and tingled down my throat, I was smelling the marsh, the campfires and the horse dung from a point in my history.  Several (like more than ten) years ago I attended an SCA event called Golden Swan in Oliver BC, and the cool morning air, the bustle of campers getting ready to eat, the clank of fighters armoring up for battle, it was all more real than the office I am sitting in right now.

I am not sure what point I am trying to make here, but I had to share.

Until later.

Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post it, please verify that it's what you really want to say. Unconsidered thoughtless snips are a waste of everybody's time. thanks. ANonymous