Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pursuing Excellence?

I think you must have me confused with somebody else.  I'm not perfect, and to strive for it is sheer insanity, madness I tell you.  umm... What I was talking about?

Oh right. Day two of being sick, and the last day I can afford to take off work for it.  I am sitting here, my wife just left with both boys for her first ultra-sound scan of the newest coming member of the family.  and I am supposed to be resting...  Well, if anybody else out there sees the flaw in this, please let me know I'm not alone.

Resting, yeah, not.  The dishes need done, there's about sixty pounds of pears on the counter to get canned tonight, I should clean up the living room, and then there's the writing thing that I was doing for recreating that got serious.

I do wonder how they're making out over there, seeing as nothing visible has changed in a few days, and the whole interface is down right now even facebook is offline.

I dunno, really.  I guess I'll leave the whole thing alone for a day or three, then see what's happening.  They said they're hoping to roll out to myspace soon, as well as several other networks, Bebo and other places like that, Hi5 comes to mind.

Regardless.  I think the point I was trying to make here was quite simply, what happens when our social crutches fall away?  When facebook, or heaven forbid, even the entire internet go offline?  How about the warm fuzzy feeling we have because the electricity works every day?  What happens when such systems fail?  How strongly does it affect us and the people around us?  Do you panic when these kind of things go down?  Or are you the type that just shrugs and gets on with the other work that needs done?

Personally, I thought I was the latter, but now it appears that I am not.  It looks like I am the former, I seem to be at loose ends when the server goes offline, even though I have loads of other stuff to do, showering and dishes seem to be foremost in my mind.  Excuse me while I go get something to eat and get to work.  Until later, when my brain has recovered from the double shock of medication and facebook failure.  

Dan Casey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post it, please verify that it's what you really want to say. Unconsidered thoughtless snips are a waste of everybody's time. thanks. ANonymous